Work with Vetrun Movers
Full-time and Part-time available: 7 days a week, 0700 –1700 7a.m-5p.m.
This position is responsible for moving, loading, unloading and set-up of furniture and
household goods during client deliveries and pick-ups of donated furniture.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lift, carry, and load furniture weighing up to 100-200 pounds, onto box trucks for transport to
and from client locations, including up and down stairs,elevators.
• Deliver and set-up furniture inside client homes, as required/requested within committed time
frames including but not limited to bed frames, mattresses, box springs, dressers, tables, chairs,
sofas,pianos, safes, gun safes and lamps.
• Respond to inquiries and requests from donors, clients, customers and community partners in
a knowledgeable and professional manner. Provide problem-solving solutions when necessary.
• Demonstrate the ability to protect all donated furniture from damage through established best
• Pack and unpack items in an organized and efficient manner in preparation for transportation,
junk, sale or donation.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required. Vetrun Movers is a Veteran-
Friendly and Felon-Friendly employer
• Physical ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 100-200 pounds on a regular basis and
operate moving equipment.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
• Ability to work independently and/or with a team, exercise good judgment and sound decision-
• Ethical Conduct
• Customer Service
• Communication Proficiency
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit,
use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to climb or
balance, talk or hear; and occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
must be able to walk forward, backward, side to side, and/or up and down stairs while carrying
furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near
moving parts, outdoor weather conditions including extreme heat or cold weather. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This position operates during standard business
hours with flexibility for early morning, evening and/or weekends to best meet clients needs.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee
for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
due to organization needs.